Works: abs, glutes, shoulders, back & legs ~ A great move that can work your muscles hard, get your heart pumping & burn calories fast. A lighter plyometric move that is fun and challenging. (love this one & so do my clients)
- Start this move standing with feet a little further than shoulder width apart bend knees slightly, slightly lean forward.
- Cross your left leg behind your right leg while bending your right knee to 90 degrees.
- Extend right arm out to your side proceeding to swing your left arm across your right leg.
- Jump about 3 feet to the other side….jump again, this time to the other side and landing on the other foot. (you are just switching the position of your arms and legs)
- Be sure to keep your abs tight, chin up and chest out.
- Continue the jumps side to side aiming for 15 to 20 reps on each side, if the move is causing an uneasy strain…slow down the movement and do not bend too far into the move.
- Want to challenge yourself more? Add a toe touch each time you leap to the other side by reaching down and touching your toe or in front of your toe (tap the floor if you are more flexible)
- Always see your doctor before starting an exercise program.