Chicken Flat Bread ~ Thai Style
What You Need:
- 1/2lb of boneless & skin less free range chicken, cut it all up into pop in your mouth bite-size pieces (don’t pop into your mouth until cooked!)
- 1/2 cup of shredded carrots ~ room temp
- 1/2 cup of red bell peppers ~ cut or sliced, soften by sautéing in separate pan
- 2tsp of low sodium soy sauce
- 1tsp of organic honey
- 1/2tsp of cornstarch
- 2Tbsp of olive oil
- Pre made flat bread or 2 medium naan ~ feel free to make your own, however I am all about simple and easy. You can also use wheat or gluten-free, whatever you need to make this flat bread your own.
- 8oz of skim or low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 Thai peanut sauce ~ make your own or buy at the store ~ look for a lighter version or organic.
- Fresh Cilantro ~ to taste ~ sliced and diced
- Fresh Mint ~ a sprinkle ~ sliced and diced
- Handful of roasted chopped peanuts
What You Need to Do:
Heat oven to 375
Mix the low sodium soy sauce, organic honey, cornstarch and free range chicken together and then marinate, 5 to 8 minutes room temp. Just long enough for the sauce to soak into the chicken. Use a non stick frying pan, sauté the chicken for about 3 to 4 minutes until cooked through ~ high heat. Brush the olive oil around the edges of each naan or the flat bread. Now spread the peanut sauce on. Sprinkle on the cheese and cooked chicken. Bake 5 to 8 minutes, until the cheese melts & edges are golden brown. I like to sprinkle the carrots and red peppers on about a minute before the bread comes out for warming purposes. (don’t want to burn the veggies) Remove flat bread from oven, top with mint, cilantro and roasted peanuts. Cut and enjoy! Makes 2 servings or one, whichever you decide!
Plank ~ Bringing Knee To Opposite Elbow
Plank With Opposite Knee/Elbow Touch
Targets: Abdominals, Deltoids, Hip Flexors, Obliques, Pectorals, Triceps.
Let’s face it… ab crunches are boring and tedious and when you lay down on the floor you just kind of want to stay there… Most regular ab crunches work our muscle fibers in only one direction anyway (yawn) Not to mention studies show that for some individuals regular crunches may have an adverse affect and actually cause our tummy muscles to protrude ( um, no thank you!) I enjoy core work that requires as little crunching as possible or if I am doing crunches my legs are straight out in front of me. I like to get as much bang for the buck so to speak when working out, so I will gladly do a move that challenges my other muscles. Come on.. try something a little harder and take a challenge. The Plank is a full body work out by itself, add more elements to it and ta DA! Even if its only 4 reps, give it a try… master the move at your own pace. Just remember you are doing something good for yourself (even if it does not feel so good at the time)
- To get started find your way into plank position, hands directly beneath your shoulders. Make sure you are in a straight line and your rear end is not up in the air.
- Now lift your left foot a few inches of the ground (5 to 6 inches) then bend your left knee and bring it toward the inside of your right elbow or as far as your range of motion allows maybe it is your opposite wrist. (your range of motion will get better with practice) The goal is to bring the knee to touch the inside of the elbow.
- There will be a slight twisting as you bring your knee to your opposite arm. Try and keep your rear end down and maintain proper form.
- Repeat this motion now on the other side bringing your right knee toward your left elbow. Try this move for 30 seconds to 1 minute alternating each side.
- This is a continuous movement, however do not speed through the move. Remember to breath. (most important)
- Before starting any exercise program see your doctor first!
And that is good enough reason to eat something fried!
Garlic Sweet Potato Fries
Here comes the somewhat healthy part. Now come on… for those of you that know me there has to be some healthy aspect to everything! Not really fried, did I mention that? This tasty recipe can serve 4, or just.. eh em you! (which I have taken out a tray before… no shame here! )
- Non-stick vegetable oil spray ~ Keep those bad boys from sticking!
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and then cut into 1/2-inch-wide slices then cut again into 1/2-inch-wide fries, cut them to the thickness you like, I like them thin and crunchy
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Coat a non stick baking sheet with vegetable oil spray.
- In a big bowl, toss sweet potatoes and olive oil.
- Place potatoes on prepared baking sheet, in one layer. Now season generously with salt and black pepper.
- Bake those bad boys for about 30 minutes or until golden brown and tender, turning the fries occasionally during cooking time.
- When fries are done, transfer to a large plate or bowl
- In a small bowl, mix together thyme, parsley and garlic; sprinkle over sweet potatoes.
- In another bowl mix together spicy mustard and ketchup to make a tasty and calorie fat free dipping sauce.
all things vintage and bohemian inspired ~ Messy hair tied in a knot, beautiful bold braids and soft waves that create a timeless & whimsical, dare I say ethereal look that just begs you to chase after the whispering wind. Neutral shades of nature inspired by the beach always make their way into my overflowing closet and never find their way out (meaning they never ever go into the give away bin) Pops of color can come from jewelry ~ silver or gold accents with brightly colored stones, bold boots or wedges (pair with the girlest of dresses) to soft and colorful scarves… All these stylish and fresh pieces create a boho beachy, breezy & laid back look that softly shouts to everyone I really am just that simple. Enjoy!
Crown of Braids
From My Closet
Free People ~ Mellow Yellow
Messy Boho Braid
Messy Tresses ~ Tied in a Knot
Messy Tresses ~ Tied in a Knot
Bold in Colorful Boots
Free People ~ Just Peachy
Beauty and the Beach
A Shout Out ~ To The Hippie in All of Us
Hand and Arm Candy
All in The Hippie Details
~ Stay Inspired ~