Protein, it is essential for our muscles, skin, cartilage, bones and our blood. Protein fills our bellies and helps to curb our appetite. It boosts our energy levels and stabilizes blood sugar. Studies have proven that protein intake up to 30 percent can help shave off pounds as you tend to take in fewer calories. Protein helps to rebuild muscles and it assists in recovery after workouts leading to more fat torching muscle tissue. Now this does not mean you need to take in extra, as protein does not give you strength. The only way to build muscle is to workout.
Some of us just do not get enough protein or may have trouble finding ways to take in the proper amounts needed. It is not like you can carry a turkey breast in your purse or pocket (ick!) Feed your body the protein it needs and craves with protein packed snacks.
- Low Fat String Cheese – 8 grams protein – 1 Stick
- Almond or Peanut Butter – 6 to 7 grams protein in 2 Tbsp (single serve packets)
- Soy Nuts-Roasted (crunchy) – 17 grams protein – 1/4 cup
- Almonds – 6 grams -1 oz (a small handful)
- Greek Yogurt – 15 grams protein -6 oz.
- Tuna Fish – 11 to 14 grams protein – 2 oz. (tuna in a pouch-brilliant!)