Curtsy Lunge With Punch & Kick
This move works ~ Quads, Hamstrings, Glutes, Inner Thighs & Outer Thighs, Biceps, Shoulders, Triceps
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart, weights in hands (start by using 3 pounds work way up to heavier weights)
- Hold weights out and close to ears (almost as if you were lifting phone to ear) Take a big step back with your left leg, crossing it behind your right. Bend your knees and lower your hips until your right thigh is nearly parallel to the floor (shown). If you have knee issues or are not as flexible go as low as you feel comfortable.
- Keep your torso upright, square off hips and shoulders. Shoulders back chest out. Elbows up.
- Come up & out of the curtsy lunge while lifting left leg up and out to the side with a kick, simultaneously punching with left arm. (see above) hold other weight as if you are blocking.
- Slowly return to start. This move requires balance, don’t rush the movements ~ slow it down.
- Perform 10-12 reps and repeat, stepping back with your right leg. Aim for 1 set (each side) of 10 -12 reps working way up to 3 sets
- Note: If you are not comfortable or stable in this movement modify by using no weights and just bring leg out & down to the side with a tap instead of a kick, incorporate dumbbells once you have mastered the movement with perfect form.
- Before starting any exercise program consult with your doctor first.
© Heather Pace and ready-set-style.com, 2011 Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heather Pace and ready-set-style.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.