Pilates Roll Up
The roll up is about 30% more effective than other ab crunches, specially when targeting the 6-pack muscle (rectus abdominis).
- Start by lying face up on your mat with arms extended above head next to your ears…palms face up. Feet flexed and legs together. (when you master the move, try pointing your toes)
- Inhale as you bring your arms forward, engage your abs…tilt your chin down, slowly curl upper body up, hinge forward at hips, scooping the stomach in..almost like you are trying to reach over a giant beach ball.
- Exhale as you reach hands to toes, go as far as you can (you want to reach past your toes) As you progress your range of motion will get better. Now don’t hold onto your toes, you might want to, but don’t.
- Reverse the motion slowly rolling back down, keeping shoulders down and away from ears. Keep your eyes on your toes the whole time.
- Aim for 10 to 15 reps, do as many as 4 to 5 times a week.
- Before staring any exercise program be sure to see your doctor first.
© Heather Pace and ready-set-style.com, 2011 Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heather Pace and ready-set-style.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.