Straight Leg Crunch With Medicine Ball
Move Targets: Primary rectus abdominus ~ AKA The 6-Pack
- Lie face up on your mat legs fully extended, feet together and toes flexed.
- Extend arms out straight above the chest holding a medicine ball with both hands on either side of the ball (3 to 8 pounds or substitute one dumb bell 3 to 8 pounds)
- Contract abs, lift your head, neck & shoulder blades off ground without allowing your back to come off the mat or your legs to move. Exhale as you lift your shoulder blades off the floor.
- As you reach for the sky with the ball (arms stay straight) in tiny fast pulses. Exhaling each time you push the ball up. Don’t let your shoulder blades hit the ground in the pulses.
- Aim for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Really challenge your self after the above set, slow the movement down & shoulder blades can touch the floor push out 10 to 15 more reps. (slow)
- Before starting an exercise program see your doctor first.