Lower-Body Strengthening Move ~ Quads, Legs & Core
- Start move by dropping down one knee, (control your movement and weight, do not forcefully come down on the knee) without using your hands. At first if needed to gain your balance put your hands out to the side, do not use them to push off the mat. Your legs should be doing all the hard work.
- Proceed to drop the other knee, up on one knee then up on the other knee. When coming up on the other knee stay as low as possible, harder then if you stand all the way up. (which you can do to modify) Movements should be quick and fluid.
- Once you perfect the balance of the move & would like more of a challenge hold an 5 to 10 medicine ball, proceed to do the move. (Love)
- Aim for 1 minute of reps. Incorporate between sets of squats and lunges.
- Be sure to use a padded mat or area to keep your knees safe.
- Before starting any exercise program be sure to see your doctor.
© Heather Pace and ready-set-style.com, 2011 Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heather Pace and ready-set-style.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.