High to Low Chop
Move Targets: Core, Shoulders, Back, Legs/Thighs
- Start by standing with your feet wider then hip-width apart while holding a medicine ball directly over head, arms fully extended. Don’t lock out your elbows, can have a slight bend. Use a ball that is 5, 8 or 10 pounds (depending on fitness level)
- Lower into a squat by sitting your hips back while simultaneously lowering the ball to your foot (in front of toes) while keeping your arms straight. Try to get as low into the squat as you can. (one rep)
- Return to start by pushing through the heels and squeezing the glutes, repeat this move by lowering the ball to the other foot… continue alternating sides.
- Aim for 14 to 20 reps and move through the reps quickly to up your heart rate and torch calories.
- Before starting any exercise program be sure to see your doctor first!