WV’s AKA ~ Wide Over Head Shoulder Press
Move Works: Deltoids (Shoulders), Trapezius (mid to upper back), Triceps
- Start this move by standing about shoulder width apart. Chest out, stomach in & shoulders back. Use 3 to 5 pound weights (depending on your fitness level and what you are trying to achieve)
- Start with hands holding the weights by shoulders in a W formation, elbows at sides ~ see 1st picture above. Don’t pitch forward or bring shoulders forward.
- Come out of the W formation ~ see 2nd picture above ~ pushing shoulder and arms out and up wider than shoulder width into V formation ~ see 3rd picture above ~ bring arms back down to W ~ that is one rep.
- You can either do 3 to 4 sets with 10 to 12 reps 5 to 8 pound dumb bells. Or use 3 pound dumb bells and do a 30 seconds to a minute in a circuit routine.
- This is an awesome move if done right, be sure to take your time and squeeze the back muscles together when coming back to a W. I love this move and it helps to achieve that sexy V taper you always hear about!
- As always see a doctor before starting an exercise routine!
© Heather Pace and ready-set-style.com, 2011 Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heather Pace and ready-set-style.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.