And that is good enough reason to eat something fried!
Garlic Sweet Potato Fries
Here comes the somewhat healthy part. Now come on… for those of you that know me there has to be some healthy aspect to everything! Not really fried, did I mention that? This tasty recipe can serve 4, or just.. eh em you! (which I have taken out a tray before… no shame here! )
- Non-stick vegetable oil spray ~ Keep those bad boys from sticking!
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and then cut into 1/2-inch-wide slices then cut again into 1/2-inch-wide fries, cut them to the thickness you like, I like them thin and crunchy
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Coat a non stick baking sheet with vegetable oil spray.
- In a big bowl, toss sweet potatoes and olive oil.
- Place potatoes on prepared baking sheet, in one layer. Now season generously with salt and black pepper.
- Bake those bad boys for about 30 minutes or until golden brown and tender, turning the fries occasionally during cooking time.
- When fries are done, transfer to a large plate or bowl
- In a small bowl, mix together thyme, parsley and garlic; sprinkle over sweet potatoes.
- In another bowl mix together spicy mustard and ketchup to make a tasty and calorie fat free dipping sauce.