Chicken Flat Bread ~ Thai Style
What You Need:
- 1/2lb of boneless & skin less free range chicken, cut it all up into pop in your mouth bite-size pieces (don’t pop into your mouth until cooked!)
- 1/2 cup of shredded carrots ~ room temp
- 1/2 cup of red bell peppers ~ cut or sliced, soften by sautéing in separate pan
- 2tsp of low sodium soy sauce
- 1tsp of organic honey
- 1/2tsp of cornstarch
- 2Tbsp of olive oil
- Pre made flat bread or 2 medium naan ~ feel free to make your own, however I am all about simple and easy. You can also use wheat or gluten-free, whatever you need to make this flat bread your own.
- 8oz of skim or low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 Thai peanut sauce ~ make your own or buy at the store ~ look for a lighter version or organic.
- Fresh Cilantro ~ to taste ~ sliced and diced
- Fresh Mint ~ a sprinkle ~ sliced and diced
- Handful of roasted chopped peanuts
What You Need to Do:
Heat oven to 375
Mix the low sodium soy sauce, organic honey, cornstarch and free range chicken together and then marinate, 5 to 8 minutes room temp. Just long enough for the sauce to soak into the chicken. Use a non stick frying pan, sauté the chicken for about 3 to 4 minutes until cooked through ~ high heat. Brush the olive oil around the edges of each naan or the flat bread. Now spread the peanut sauce on. Sprinkle on the cheese and cooked chicken. Bake 5 to 8 minutes, until the cheese melts & edges are golden brown. I like to sprinkle the carrots and red peppers on about a minute before the bread comes out for warming purposes. (don’t want to burn the veggies) Remove flat bread from oven, top with mint, cilantro and roasted peanuts. Cut and enjoy! Makes 2 servings or one, whichever you decide!