Deep Swimmers Press
Say goodbye to that arm jiggle! This exercise is awesome for targeting multiple muscle groups at once, (back, biceps, triceps, shoulders and core) it is one of the most effective and efficient ways to get results without spending hours at the gym. This version is with an outer bicep curl and a high V shoulder press (aka wide shoulder press)
- Using lighter weight 5 to 8 pounds, start by standing feet shoulder width apart, arms at sides with palms facing out holding a dumb bell in each hand curl up and to your side as shown. Try to keep your arms pinned to your sides as much as possible when curling.
- Push the dumbbells up into the bottom of a shoulder press in the W position by rotating your arms and palms so they face away from your body (as shown) Now press up into a wide V.
- Slowly lower the weights back down into the W bottom of the again rotating the palms now toward you, than slowly bring the arms back down to repeat the move.
- There is a lot to think about in this exercise, a tad more difficult than a normal swimmers press, Take your time and do not speed through this move. Remember that mind and body connection are important, take the time to think about the muscles you are working.
- Perform a total of 10 repetitions for each set with a total of three sets.
- Remember before starting any diet or exercise program see your doctor first!