The sun is shinning bright and the beaches are calling… No need to carry much, just the essentials. You can still be stylish while doing so. The whole dress up your bikini with arm/neck candy, earrings and super high heels…um….no and no. Practicality mixed with simple chic are always the way to go when hitting up your favorite beach or pool spot. The reasons for disliking these odd swim trends spoken above are as follows:
A. I would be extremely concerned while in the ocean I would become instant shark bait as the shiny bling attracts fish of all shapes and sizes..
B. Even with sunblock … hello strange tan lines
C. Really?? You are at the beach, let your natural beauty be center stage and save the 6 inch heels and sparkly body candy for nights out with your girlfriends.
- A great straw or canvas bag: Izod straw bag, $20.00
- Beach blanket or cute towel: Ikea blanket 13.00 big ones!
- Book or magazine ~ Sunset Magazine: read about CA beaches
- Great and inexpensive sunglasses: Calvin Klein $20.00
- Favorite Jean Shorts: Hudson $40.00
- Sunblock: I like to carry sample sizes as those big bottles weigh you down. Aveeno – for sensitive skin it rocks.
- Awesome Hat to protect your head, hair and face: Vintage find
- A great bikini: Shoshanna $27.00 brand new (it is my new favorite) should have been so so much more even discounted! it pays to shop at the same places and be nice to the sales people.
- Snacks – fresh fruit and water always (just not pictured above)
A Great Bikini
Bikini Hoarding ~ I have problems…I know!
I can’t help it, I find them at such insanely awesome prices & they scream at me to buy them! it’s like they grab my hand and walk me to the register… I have a few more not pictured here… (gulp ~ I think I need help) but as you can see all you need is a great stylish suit for the beach or pool! I tend to stay loyal to triangle style bikinis, classic and easy, no strange tan lines. Suits prices range from $15.00 to $50.00 and most are designer…. I am a really amazing shopper… want to go shopping with me?
Sunglasses: Cat Eye Shape
For those of us with a square face we need to make our jaw line look longer and soften the sharp angles…Cat eye shape is perfect for this and they are my favorite. A few from my collection below…Prices between $5 to $20.00 ~ I would rather spend $450.00 on a plane ticket than a piece of plastic made in factory with someone’s name stamped on it… (but hey that is just me!)
Have a great summer, enjoy the beach ~ what are your essentials?
© photos and content belong to thefab3.com