and Tasty Treats
It really is the little things in life, for myself fresh flowers always make me happy. A much-needed treat I never deny myself. They instantly make my home feel lighter and brighter…. and tulips for spring is my favorite kind of home bling (oh, look I am a poet!) Today my flower lady threw in a few extra flowers for me which just made me feel so special. For a personal trainer always on the go, this week has been kind of slow… (again with the rhyme) Spring break is happening and clients are on vacation, you would think its a nice break, but I so love being busy & I don’t know what to do with myself. While I had some free time, I decided to come up with a new healthy snack for myself and my clients. I am sharing it all with you & hope you like it (pictured above).
What You Need:
Raisin Toast, (a healthy brand or whatever kind of bread you prefer)
Plain Greek Yogurt
Honey (to drizzle under or on top of the yogurt)
Assemble like above and enjoy! Trust me it’s super yum!
© photos and content belong to thefab3.com
Giveaway time! Why, well because it’s March and because I really like giving things away.
Would you like to win this awesome Stella McCartney gym tote with fifteen samples, most of them deluxe size (just a few of the goodies shown above)? If you follow my blog you know I am a certified fitness trainer with my own business, training my clients over the web & privately in home. You also know I love fashion and beauty so I have combined the two to make one lucky follower’s month of March even better.
No crazy follow a bunch of people and post pictures loop thingy on instagram, but you do need to follow my blog and if you are on instagram you need to follow me there (it will add another entry for your chances to win) You need to leave me a message here and on instagram with five words why you should win this goodie bag. The most creative will be picked by me of course. Now there are a lot of rules and regulations I have to follow, I did my research this giveaway is only open to US residences (except Alaska/Hawaii/PR/PO BOX) and you must be over thirteen years of age to enter. This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any of the labels pictured above. I will announce the winner on or around Friday March 20th 2015.
Have fun with this and I can’ t wait to read your entries! PS…the follow button is at the very bottom of the page, hit the plus sign.
Maybe it’s an odd question, but when my client’s daughter asked me, I though why not share? My gym bag/purse has a few simple goodies in it as I use my bag more for traveling back and forth to clients homes and the gym when I teach a class. I just emptied it out (thank goodness because there was a way bigger mess in there)
1. A Jump Rope why? because jumping rope burns 10 calories a minute all the while strengthening your butt, legs, arms, and shoulders. I use it to warm up my clients and incorporate jumping rope into their workout routines ( I use it for my own workouts as well) It’s a great tool that does not get used nearly enough. A workout anywhere, anytime, what are you waiting for? Go get one!
2. Aquaphor I can’t survive without it, I have eczema and the most sensitive skin on the planet. Everything burns and feels awful….but Aquaphor, I tried EVERYTHING. Friends gave me super expensive creams or lotions to try, still did nothing. I use this goop under my eyes as an eye cream. Slather it on my face for dry skin. I use it on my cuticles, my lips, my elbow, ankles… the uses for this miracle stuff are endless. I know some of the top makeup artists swear by it and so do I! $4.99 Target
3. Ahava Hydrating Hibiscus Body Towelettes So I am a personal trainer… I teach classes, I train in home and in private, going from client to the next client. I do a lot of the moves with my clients to keep them motivated, not a big fan of just barking orders. I get sweaty, I do not have time to shower between clients, I can quick freshen up and then be sure I will not offend my next client or myself for that matter. Buy for $6.99 at Target.
4. Herbal Essences Naked Dry Shampoo I carry two different dry shampoos in my bag one that is priced so well and works great, (herbal essence) it is a spray and I am not so fond of any kind of spray, but it works well and It’s great again for freshening up hair after a workout or sweating. Smells like white grapefruit and mint, very delightful $2.99 at Walgreens.
5. Alterna Bamboo Beach Coconut Mango This is by far my favorite, but at $20.00 for that little teeny tiny bottle (you can see why I use two) It is a lot of cash. The smell is amazing and I love that it is not spray, but talc free powder. It really refreshes and your hair feels so much better after wards. Find it at Ulta.
6. Trader Joe’s Fruit Bar Usually there is more than one in my bag, I give them out to clients if they feel light-headed or just need a snack. Of course I eat them as they are amazing. Have to love the simplicity of this bar… they contain two kinds of fruit. No additives. No preservatives, nothing weird, or things no one can pronounce. Just Yum! 0.99 cents each!
7. My Notebook It is one of my many playbooks so to speak. Boot camp workouts, clients individual workouts, notes, you name it… it is in there. Each client is different and each client has a workout written for just for them, however things change, clients have bad or good days, muscles hurt, anything can occur and I have to adjust, when that happens a workout just flows out of my head and its on the fly.
8. Pacifica Coconut Pearls Luminizing Lip Quench I am not a fan of makeup on the face when working out. Lips are a different story, they get dry and cracked and I like a little shine. It has amazing avocado and yummy coconut oil. Lips feel awesome after applying, tons of moisture and a natural light glow. I found this one at Marshalls for $3.99, not sure if they are still making it. (boo)
9. An Extra Tee Shirt This one is by Kensie Girl. I heart this tee, so soft and comfy. I always have an extra tee-shirt to change into and this one just makes me smile. Amazon for $10.77 (just click on the word Amazon)
10. Resistance Band These double-handed short bands are excellent for both upper and lower body exercises. Bands in general are great for full range of motion exercise, awesome for traveling and everyday use. I swear by bands, another under utilized workout tool. This one I purchased for under $12.00 at TJMaxx.
11. Stella McCartney Adidas Bag This was a steal and I adore this bag for the color, the metal accents (which you can’t see since they are on the other side of the bag) and the size. I found this awesome bag at YOOX and It was a few months ago. I am not sure if they have more, but it is a great site to shop and find awesome fashion deals. Enjoy!
© photos and content belong to thefab3.com
There are so many things to be thankful for, at the very top of my list is my health. Truly without our health we are nothing…we have nothing. As yesterday came to an end some very disheartening news made it’s way into my happy day, my cousin whom I love and adore, (mind you I do not like or even know many of my family members) was diagnosed with aggressive breast cancer, they do not know the severity of her cancer but fear it is in her lymph nodes. As my heart breaks thinking of her going through all of this and how scared she must be. I have to remember that there is always hope and that she has so much love and support to get her through this difficult time. She has to be OK, because I need her to be OK.
Please take care of your body it is the only house for your soul. Did you know that exercise decreases the risk of various diseases? Super bad health conditions, like high cholesterol, diabetes, stroke and certain types of cancer. Painful arthritis and cardiovascular diseases? I know what you are going to say…you can do everything right and sometimes it just does not matter, the poison in our bodies can still win out. It does not mean you should not fight the good fight.
So with that thought in my mind today, I put on a brave face and trained my clients.. laughed, cheered, pushed them to keep fighting. Not sure who needed it more today them or myself. This is just a reminder, be thankful every day for what you have and stop worrying about the things you do not have…. be thankful for love, family, friends and for waking up every morning,
© photos and content belong to thefab3.com